As 2018 draws to a close, The Beauty Gazette lists its favourite picks of 2018.
All tried and tested, found to be effective, and loved.
Hopefully, you’ll make them your beauty staples too.
Click on the links for a more detailed review of each.
First up, the make-up that are must-haves. Almost life-changing.
See images above, clockwise, in no particular order.
- Huda Beauty Desert Dusk Eyeshadow Palette: Most beautiful on-point shades, and so many matte, metallic and glitter ones in a single palette. Dramatic too.
- Popstar Cosmetics Velvet Matte Liquid Lipstick: Intensely gorgeous colour, long-lasting. Matte finish, but not drying.
- Marc Jacobs Shameless Youthful-Look 24-hour Foundation SPF25: Full coverage, creamy blendable foundation with soft matte finish.
- Narsissist Wanted Eyeshadow Palette: Very flattering and pretty rose-tinted everyday shades. I like to bring this on my travels.
- Hourglass Veil Translucent Setting Powder: Perfectly invisible, adds subtle radiance while taking away the shine, keeps make-up on for longer.
- Mamonde Creamy Tint Squeeze Lip: Popping colour, creamy formula, long-lasting. A little bit goes a long way.
- Giorgio Armani Beauty To Go Iconic Cushion: Provides full coverage, easy to blend for the perfect complexion, not too dewy.
- Laneige Stained Glasstick: Moisturising, clear and translucent colour for flattering everyday look.
- Hera Black Cushion: Gives you immediate flawless, glow dewy skin.
The picks that will add glossiness and shine to your skin, and hair.
Clockwise, in no particular order.
- Iles Formula Haute Performance Finishing Serum: Keeps stringy dry chemically-treated hair smooth and in place.
- Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum: Absolute goodness in a bottle for the skin. See the difference in three days. Keep in fridge to maintain potency.
- Lancer The Method – Polish: Exfoliates gently and effectively.
- Aesop In Two Minds Facial Hydrator: The perfect moisturiser for combination skin.
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream: Nourishing with a calming scent.
- Hera Rosy-Satin Cream: Luxurious cream for combination skin.
- Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil: Pampering with a relaxing scent.
- Kiehl’s Amino Acid Shampoo: Gentle on hair, keeps it super soft.
- Cle de Peau Beaute Firming Serum Supreme: Immediately firms and lifts skin.
2018 Fave Multi-Taskers that will either save you time, or make your time worthwhile.
Clockwise, in no particular order.
- Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen SPF40: Actually invisible, smoothens appearance of skin, great makeup base.
- Urban Decay Lo-Fi Lip Mousse: For lips, cheeks, lids. Apply with fingertips.
- Skin Inc Oxy Recharge Bubble Mask: Exfoliates, purifies and brightens immediately.
- It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream with SPF50+: Moisturises, anti-ageing effects, sunscreen, flawless coverage.
- Albion Skin Conditioner Essential: A classic that exfoliates and softens skin; improves skin tone almost immediately. Also cleans off residual dirt and makeup.
- YSL Beauty All Hours Foundation Stick: Blends beautifully, not dry although solid, great for retouching, works perfectly as a concealer too.
- SK-II Atmosphere Airy Light UV Cream SPF50+PA++++: Great texture, a sunscreen that is moisturising, and adds a glow to skin.
- Hera Magic Starter: Evens out skin tone so you can wear on its own, makeup primer, plus sunscreen.
- ReFa Caxa Ray: Lifts facial contours, drains lymph nodes = immediately slimmer face.