Origins is stepping up its game with new offerings (that come quickly and furiously) to lure Millennials; and its latest launch is a series of $5 quick-fix sheet masks.
They tick all the right boxes.
- Made with sustainable bamboo pulp sheets, which are of the right thickness and absorbency level to soak skin in a watery gel serum.
- Although you are only supposed to leave this mask on for 10 minutes, it was still relatively damp when I removed it after 20 minutes.
- The material clings well to the face, so reading or Instagramming while masking with it is a breeze.
- The sheets are of the perfect size and shape. Many masks are too large for my face (I hate it when sheet masks get onto my hairline); this one wraps nicely just on the edge of my visage.
- Sealed in colourful packets, these are made with flower waxes and essential oils which make them extra pleasurable to use when all you want to do is relax.
- With colourful flowers as its theme, there are six versions to choose from:
– Rose for hydration (TBG pick): lavender oil, rosa damascena wax and oil, rosa centifolia wax, algae extract, caffeine, olive oil, squalane, arginine
– Jasmine to soften skin: coriander fruit oil, rosa damascena oil, bergamot oil, orange peel oil, castor seed oil, jasmine flower wax, algae extract, olive oil, caffeine, squalane, arginine
– Raspberry to refresh skin: orange peel oil, lemon peel oil, basil oil, blackcurrant seed oil, viola flower extract, raspberry leaf wax, algae extract, caffeine, olive oil, squalane, arginine
– Lavender to soothe: lavender oil and wax, eucalyptus leaf oil, spearmint leaf oil, castor seed oil, algae extract, caffeine, olive oil, squalane, arginine
– Orange flower to boost radiance: orange peel oil, lemon peel oil, bergamot oil, bitter orange flower extract and wax, algae extract, acerosa extract, caffeine, olive oil, squalane, arginine
– Violet flower to nourish: lemon peel oil, coriander oil, lime oil, rosa damascena oil, vanilla extract, violet leaf extract, algae extract, acerosa extract, olive oil, squalane, arginine
All masks are made to leave skin bouncy and moisturised. No sticky-afterfeel.
Perfect for complementing your skincare routine before a big event, or a nighttime beauty regime.
Sold individually, available from March 20, exclusively at Sephora stores.