So much has been said about Kat Von D’s signature Lock-It Foundation.
Here’s what I think about it:
- It is pigmented and evens out redness and hides other imperfections quickly.
- Apparently, it can even hide tattoos too.
- The shades are on-point; I’m Asian with with a rosy-golden complexion, and Light 44 melds seamlessly with my natural skin tone. So I don’t look like I’m wearing foundation.
- Once on, the foundation does not transfer, or oxidise, and is long-lasting.
- I applied this foundation with warm fingertips, my favourite method to get a flawless-looking complexion. And I found this formula rather dry, without the slip that I usually prefer when blending on foundations. But perhaps its thick, paint-like consistency is what allows it to stick well to the skin. So prep your skin thoroughly with skincare before layering this foundation on.
- Matte finish. I prefer satin matte or dewy textures, so I spritzed on some skincare mist to add a glow to my skin. The mist also helped to add a hydrating layer on top of this oil-free foundation.
- Best for combination or oily skin types; I wouldn’t recommend this for those with drier skin.
So whether you have, or want a husband, or not, the Lock-It Foundation will help to turn heads.