Say hello to the game-changing hairdryer.
Dyson – maker of (literally) the coolest fans and some of the most powerful vaccuum machines around – has launched its first hairdryer.
And it has that signature negative space – a circle for this gadget- that makes it so coveted; at least in our books.
Because you need to look stylish even when drying your hair.
1) The design is ergonomic. The motor is tucked into the handle of the hairdryer, instead of the head/ near the nozzle. The weight of the dryer is balanced in the grasp of your hands, so you will find it easier to perfect that blow dry.
2) It is a multi-tasker. The gadget distributes negative ions to reduce static, keeping hair smooth and slick.
3) Super-powerful. Though small, the motor’s impellers are cut from aerospace-grade aluminium. It moves over 13 litres of air at high-velocity and high-pressure through the gadget. So you can dry and style your hair quickly.
4) So easy to use. You can make the fanciest gadget out there. But if its bells and whistles are too complicated, there’s no point. The SuperSonic has straightforward settings: three levels for air flow, and three levels for the temperature setting. Each option is indicated clearly by LED lights. There is also a press-and-hold cold shot button, next to the on-off switch.
5) It is made to protect the hair. The air from the dryer will not be heated above 150 degrees celsius. Because apparently, when hair is heated to temperatures higher than 150 degrees, it becomes irreparably damaged.
6) Its versatile nozzles. You’d want to get the most out of an investment like the SuperSonic. This baby comes with a stainless steel body with magnetic nozzles. So all you have to do is click them into place, and they can be rotated 360 degrees. There’s the Smoothing Nozzle (for regular drying), Styling Concentrator (made for creating the waves in the direction that you want), and Diffuser (for volume and curls).
One thing to note though: because the body is made of stainless steel (hence, the gorgeous metallic pink)…it can become incredibly hot after use, so be careful to not touch it. Let it cool on the silicon pad that comes as part of the set.
Priced at S$599, the Dyson Hair SuperSonic hits shelves Aug 5 at local department and electrical stores.