Every South Asian beauty junkie worth her salt would be familiar with the bestselling Japanese drugstore staple Hada Labo Hydrating Lotion.
Its claim to fame: unscented, quality hyaluronic acid to keep skin moisturised and supple.
The line has since been extended with Hada Labo’s new Essence serum.
It claims to contain a higher concentration of the brand’s proprietary Super Hyaluronic Acid that can hold water up to ten times its weight.
At the recent launch of the product, Taiwanese beauty expert Xiao Kai shared tips on getting that just-stepped-out-of-the-shower supple dewiness.
1. Pour a generous amount of lotion on palms and pick up with finger tips. Spread lotion on drier parts of the face first, such as the cheeks, so that they are thoroughly softened.
2. Gently pat the lotion into the rest of the skin, from the middle of the face (where it is driest, and hence, greasiest) outwards. When skin is well-hydrated, it produces less oil to overcompensate for the dehydration.
3. Once skin is softened with lotion, apply the serum, and gently tap into skin with fingertips.
4. Follow with BB cream. Dab on cheekbones, chin, forehead; areas that catch the light.
5. Dampen a sponge with a few drops of the serum. Blend BB cream with damp sponge in gentle but quick, bouncy patting motions. Pat and blend till BB cream looks seamless on skin.
6. Pat skin up to 300 times for that added shine on skin. So it glows without a powdery finish on skin ✌🏻️