Super important to note if you want to apply your makeup flawlessly.
Investing in a set of good make-up brushes is crucial. The right tools let you pick up, apply and blend the colours seamlessly so your makeup looks professionally done.
You can use the best products, but if your brushes are cheap, you will not get the best results.
Over the years, I’ve invested in brushes from some of the best brands such as Hakuhodo, Tom Ford and Make Up For Ever.
Here’s how I look after my brushes to make them last longer.
1. Wash brushes I use everyday, once a week. There is no need to buy a brush-cleansing liquid…just use what is available in your bathroom.
2. For animal hair brushes, I use a deep-cleansing moisturising shampoo, like Aveda’s Invati Exfoliating Shampoo. This protects and conditions the animal hairs.
3. For synthetic brushes, I use a deep-cleansing oil-free facial cleanser.
4. Dampen brush then swirl it into a pump of cleanser in the middle of your palm. Swirl until you get a rich lather and the make-up melts of the hairs.
5. Keep the brush pointing downwards at all times so the water does not flow into the brush stem and loosen the bristles.
6. Squeeze the excess water out of the brush, gently pull the hairs into its original shape, and lay the brush flat on a towel.
7. Leave it to air dry.
note: picture grabbed off the Internet.