Trust me, I’ve seen Cate Blanchett up close during a face-to-face interview.
Besides the fact that she is lovely and humble, her skin glows with a radiance that cannot be faked.
Of course, she has good genes for sure; but an arsenal of effective skincare products definitely helps. (I know from experience that the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence does not work for everyone. But when it does, you can’t live without it.)
Cate looked gorgeous as usual at the Oscars red carpet in Armani Prive.
Here’s a sneak peek at what happened behind-the-scenes when she was getting her skin and make-up ready.
1. Prep skin with the Facial Treatment Essence
2. Follow with the new Facial Treatment Oil
3. Seal skin with the anti-ageing RNA moisturiser
4. Mix a few drops of the Treatment Oil into the foundation for extra dewiness.
5. Spritz Mid-Day Miracle Essence over make-up to set it and further hydrate skin.
In an exclusive e-mail interview with the The Beauty Gazette, Cate shares her beauty routine.
1. How do you prepare your skin the night before a big event?
I am very routine focused when it comes to skincare… using SKII Treatment Essence as the base and I then follow up with the LXP Ultimate Perfecting Cream and LXP Ultimate Perfecting Serum. When I travel, I will also have some SKII Facial Treatment Essence Masks on hand, so I can use them on the flight or in the lead up to a big event.
2. How do you ensure that your make-up stays on the whole time through the event with the right skincare?
Mostly it is as I have described above. The only difference for a big event would be the inclusion of a Facial Treatment Mask… I am also using the Facial Treatment Essence as a hydrosol, and spray a mist of it over my makeup to set it and increase the hydration levels of my skin.
3.What lifestyle habits do you maintain for clear skin?
Drinking a lot of water, and trying to eat as clean as possible…..and sleep when I can grab some …
4. How do you keep your makeup fresh throughout the day at big events?