I recently discovered how wonderful Laura Mercier’s eyeshadows are.
The brand is known for its complexion products and neutral colours.
But its eyeshadows – though not poppy bright – are intense and beautiful.
Especially when you layer up the baked eyeshadows with caviar eye sticks.
Two of my fave shades from the caviar stick range is Khaki (metallic greenish-brown), and Steel (silver).
But when I layer it on with the golden black Black Carat baked shadow, the Caviar colours take on a beautiful iridescent sheen.
I layered the baked eyeshadow with a damp brush on my eyes…underneath is a blend of both the steel and khaki caviar sticks.
The colours stay on forever. And there was minimum fall out.
Here are the steps I took to ensure minmal smudging (in Singapore’s humid weather):
1. Draw brows
2. Apply eye primer
3. Line eyes
4. Apply caviar stick directly on lids and blend the edges with a synthetic brush before it sets in 60 seconds.
5. Once caviar stick dries, use dampened brush to pick up baked colour, and apply.
6. Blend edges of the dark shadow and highight brow bones with a beige metallic shade.
6. Line eyes with a thick wing-tip, lightly line the outer corners of the eyes and stop halfway.
7. Line the lower inner corners of eyes with the Steel caviar stick.
8. Apply mascara.
9. Wipe away the residue around the eyes, then apply foundation and the rest of the face makeup.
Share your thoughts!